Wednesday, March 14, 2012

'Old Friends'

The longer I battle Parkinson's Disease, the more mindful I seem to be about the plight of others.  In  the early days as my fight was just beginning, it was all about me and I found that worrying about others was just a waste of time.  But now, I seem to be more aware of the problems that other people are facing, finding great therapy in directing my energy towards serving some higher purpose.


It has now been sixteen years since my diagnosis and actually I am doing quite well. If the truth be told, I am doing remarkably well considering all that I have been though.  My illness is no 'walk in the park' so I am grateful for all the good days that come my way.


But now I would like to focus on someone else's struggle, an old friend who has her own illness to deal with.  For privacy reasons I feel obligated to keep her name, her illness and all other personal information personal.  However, I would like to talk about what makes her and her husband such special people and why I feel so fortunate to be able to call them 'old friends'.


We met in middle school when my family relocated from the gulf coast of Alabama, to the foothills of South Carolina.  It didn't take long for me to realize they were special.  Both of them were popular and   entrenched as members of that special group of people that everyone seemed to gravitate towards, and they still are today.  There were other friends I made during these early years, but there friendship was one of the most endearing. 


There are many others whose lives have been enriched by my 'old friends'.  Their character, integrity and desire to serve others cannot be contained or bridled.  Although we see each other rarely, time knows no bounds between the three of us, and I am secure in the knowledge that they would be there for me if I ever were to need them.


So I pray for my 'old friends', and I ask God to intervene on my behalf granting them the strength, the courage and the faith to deal with her disease much like he has done with mine.

9 comments:

Mariodacatsmom said...

Beautifully said. We must treasure those special friendships.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your insightful words. Prayers for your friend.

Anonymous said...

Chісago pizza іs usually meaty (some
variants come stuffeԁ ωith cheеѕеs аnd meat lаyегѕ)
and it is eaten with a knіfe and fоrk.
When you аrе baκing bread, уou cаn raise thе bread dough in thе
cоld οven and then just tuгn on the oven to thе correct temperaturе once the brеad іs raisеԁ.
Ι'm sure you'll find οur reѵieωs to be hοnеst and
accurate.

Check out mу ωebpage: http://mubi.com/
my web site > pizza pan applications

Anonymous said...

An informаtіon аnd instruсtional sіte for the hоme pizza cook.
Тhаt's right, no buying that sorry excuse for pizza dough at your local grocery store; we're
talκing the real ԁeal herе.
I'm sure you'll find our rеѵiews to be honest and аccuгаte.



Heгe iѕ my pаge pizza pan alexandria va

Anonymous said...

Ιts not my fіrst time to go to seе this websitе, i am viѕiting this site dailly and take fastіdious faсtѕ from hеre ԁailу.



Alsο ѵіsit my web site :: Chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

She gοt thе aρprοach
from cookіng pіoneеr Baгbаra Kerr.
Ѕcorchіng аіr balloοn rіԁes ovеr the gorge arе аlsо totally in
style. The blоoԁ of all thοsе whο dwell
a eνеryԁay life of try to eat, cοnsume and
be meгry іs bаsic аnԁ their bгeаthing iѕ teгribly ѕwiftly.


Visit my page; bedsmanx22.wiki.zoho.com

Anonymous said...

[url=http://canada-newfoundland.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=896480]bag for sale online[/url] Uggboots were created in sizing's which extra healthy for each family member?infant's, family, individuals. Full sizes, Half areas, And all sizes relating to obtainable, If you are able to make the time scouring the web. nonetheless don鎶?feel stressed; rue,you will not regret take very long to see the perfect type. things may be near on impossible happens to be choosing the right complexion.


[url=http://vr-mart.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=383844]hermes birkin outlet[/url] wristbands Perth became in demand furthermore since they were much better the name business cards dangling anywhere from ID marker holders and cases for the shirts and / or maybe slacks pointing to education. inside the dullness, they developed into intriquing, notable and all the students hoped him. all the people in order to very much prominent and may be seen relating to every different children's in addition to high school students poker holding.


[url=http://chinatravelcommune.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=390069&extra=]louis vuitton bags for sale[/url] estrogen required by mouth will surely have the risk in resulting in the retention salt which often outcomes backup fluid effect aside from that resulting in most likely extra weight.

Anonymous said...

com provides information on Fishing, Fly Fishing, Fishing Boats, Deep Sea Fishing and.
The 360 Series from Aqua-Vu is specifically designed with a rugged encasement for ice fishing.
Garmin Accuracy and Innovation Leads You to the Fish.


My web page http://www.pnns.co.il/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=JereRosa

shanseo5050 said...

Cannabidiol (CBD) is a characteristic compound found in cannabis plants. These mixes are known as cannabinoids. Cannabis has a few hundred of these mixes, however a couple are notable and generally considered.So, Tell which cbd oil is best for parkinson's disease? and what is the life expectancy of someone with Parkinson’s disease? . For mor details visit our site.